Agenda for Monday, February 11, 2013
- “Truth in Lobbying” – Presented by Martha Moore, Virginia Farm Bureau Governmental Relations and Donna Pugh Johnson, Past-president, Virginia Agribusiness Council
- “How Great Leaders Inspire Action” TED Talk: Simon Sinek
- The Importance of Social Media – We discussed the importance and relevance of social media communication in agriculture and in VALOR.
Agenda for Tuesday, February 12, 2013
- “The Secret Structure of Great Talks” TED Talk: Nancy Duarte
- Program Evaluation and Reflection Exercise – Class members discussed their experience with the program thus far.
- “Video Interview Strategies – Ideas & Practice” – Presented by Virginia Farm Bureau Communications Department – Norm Hyde, Video Production Supervisor and Sherri McKinney, Senior Video Producer – The interview topic was related to cost-share funding for environmental stewardship issue
- Lincoln – Later Tuesday night, some of the class members watched Lincoln. Some of the scenes were shot in the Virginia Capitol building. The movie helped showcase legislative action in the House of Representatives during the Civil War in addition to highlighting Lincoln’s leadership and vision for America.
please click on any of the photos below for an enlarged view